Online poker is a very dynamic game, with lots of people having different strategies and game plans. There is no ‘right’ way to play, there are just different preferences that people have, however some techniques are used as standard with good poker players. This article will cover 5 techniques which are commonplace in high standard poker, but not so common in low stakes (which means you can gain an advantage over other players at low levels).
1. Don’t slow play big pairs. After studying thousands of hands involving big pairs (Queens / Kings / Aces) it has been proven that the best way to play the hand is aggressively. There are 3 outcomes to playing aggressively pre-flop; your opponents fold and you win the hand, your opponents call/raise and you have the best hand or your opponents call/raise and you do not have the best hand. If you’re holding Queens / Kings / Aces the chances of your opponent having a better hand are negligible. qq online If you slow played the hand there are countless opportunities for your opponents to outdraw you, and make you lose the hand.
2. Don’t overplay medium pairs. A medium pair is normally considered 5 – Jack. A medium pair isn’t great unless you hit trips on the flop (which is about 15% of the time), otherwise you can’t have much confidence in the hand. 10s and Jacks can be played aggressively if there are low cards on flop, but it’s not worth calling a raise with these cards pre-flop (however you can bet if no one has raised before you).
3. Always use bonuses. There’s no point sticking to one poker room if all the other poker sites are offering sign-up bonuses. Many poker rooms offer 200% deposit bonuses, so if you wanted to sign up to a $50 tournament, you would only need to deposit $25. There are currently hundreds of poker rooms to take advantage from by using this strategy.
4. Play at the right level. If you are new to poker then you should play at low stakes. Once you have confidence that your poker game is solid, you can start to move to higher stakes. Many poker players start too high, thinking the low stakes don’t give enough reward for winning. Use these staked games to practise, build your bankroll and perfect your game.
5. Don’t show your hand. Whenever you show another poker player your cards (when you don’t have to) they learn more about the way you play. You don’t want other players being able to read you – so don’t give them any information unnecessarily.
These 5 gems are fundamental for playing a solid poker game, use these online poker tips along with the best poker bonuses to kick start your online poker adventure. You don’t just want to play poker, you want to profit from poker!